There is always something wonderful about enjoying a warm soup on a cold winter day. This chicken and mushroom soup recipe is one of a kind. With the added TCM twist, this soup is packed with nutrients to help create a healthier fertility friendly environment.
Yield: 4-6 Servings | Time: 45 minutes
|2 Tablespoon extra-virgin Olive Oil |
1 medium organic Onion, diced
3 to 4 large garlic cloves, minced
200g sliced organic mushrooms
2 carrots, sliced into ¼ “ rounds
|6 cups Chinese Herbal Chicken Bone Broth|
2 skinless organic chicken breast fillets
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
2-3 teaspoons kosher salt
Black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, pour extra virgin olive oil. Add onions and carrots into the pot. Saute until slightly tender.
- Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add chicken. Cook until golden for 3 to 4 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Add garlic, thyme and stir for a minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot and simmer for 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Adjust seasoning to taste. Take out chicken fillets and cut into chunks. Put back into pot.
- Serve hot and enjoy a hearty bowl of chicken mushroom soup.